We come to the end of a long saga, folks. I have created 5 games in the past year. Cascade Failure is going to be packed up tonight and sent to the artists for final review before going live. I have the following games under my belt:
- A retroclone with innovations
- A conversion of the retroclone to a sci-fi setting
- A short fast-paced heist game
- A grand strategy game where you roleplay rulers of nations
- A Universal game for all settings
It was only a little over 1 year ago that I started blogging for the first time on my Wordpress blog. Now I have come to the end of my "game creation year". I never would have dreamed I would be sending 5 submissions to the Ennies at this point in time last year. Hell yeah!
So the question now looms....
Where do I go from here?
Well, this last year has been about game creation, the upcoming one will be about module innovations.
I have a few ideas of my own. Some of which have made appearances in a few of my blog posts. Some of which have not. But I want to start by putting the questions in your hands.
1. What do you wish that modules could do, but which you haven't seen done before?
2. What is your favorite element from a module, no matter how small or seemingly trivial?
3. What do you want from an RPG company that you are not being given?
4. What are you tired of seeing done in modules?
Feel free to send me a list of demands. I want a module that does X, Y, Z, A, B, C, D, E, and F.
Tell me what you want and what you think isn't being delivered by the industry.
I shall make my best efforts to deliver the goods in the coming year.
Help me help you